Welcome to Orthopaedic Specialists of New Orleans, under the direction of Dr. Richard L. Meyer, Jr.
Dr. Richard Meyer is board certified and the only fellowship/specialty trained orthopedic surgeon in both hip and knee reconstruction/replacement and sports medicine at Touro Infirmary. He is a clinical instructor of anterior approach total hip replacements and patient specific knee replacements, and has taught and demonstrated these techniques in both the U.S. and internationally. His experience and practice includes:
- Stem Cell Injections
- PRP-Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
- Viscosupplementation with Hyaluronic Acids
- Fracture Care
- Direct Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
- State-of-the-Art Computer Navigated Surgery
- Clinical Instructor of the Direct Anterior Hip Approach Surgery
- Patient-specific Knee Replacements with Customized Knee Instrumentation
- Partial Knee Replacements
In their on words hear from actual patients about their surgical experience and recovery. Call the patient line at (504) 897-7877.
Dr. Richard Meyer is board certified and fellowship trained Orthopedic Surgeon in hip & knee reconstruction / replacement & Sports
- Phillips Academy Andover
- Johns Hopkins University
- Tulane University School of Medicine
- Tulane University Orthopaedics Surgery Residency
- Fellowship – Hip & Knee Reconstructive Surgery, Tulane University
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine and Hand Surgery, University of Virginia
Minimally invasive anterior hip replacement is performed by Dr. Richard Meyer, Jr. at Orthopaedic Specialists of New Orleans, APMC using the HANA total hip table. The HANA table allows Dr. Meyer to apply traction to the hip joint and expose the bone surfaces without cutting any muscles. This means you recover much faster, and get back to your normal activities.
FIVE STAR REVIEWS
I am 100% better now!
“I had pain in the knee and went to Dr. Meyer for a Knee Replacement. The results were Fantastic. Dr. Meyer and his staff are excellent. I am 100% better now! If you need a knee replacement I recommend you give Dr. Meyer a call.”Terry T.
IN THE NEWS
New Orleans City Business Articles
Surgeons use video game skills to perform knee replacements.
Innovator of the Year 2007 Article
Ci System – Touro Infirmary
Lousiana Medical News Article
Gulf South Joint Replacement Center Presents New Treatment Approach