Mako Robotic-Arm Assisted Technology provides you with a personalized surgical plan based on your unique anatomy.
Welcome to Orthopaedic Specialists of New Orleans, Louisiana, under the direction of Dr. Richard L. Meyer, Jr.
Dr. Richard Meyer is board certified and the only fellowship/specialty trained orthopedic surgeon in both hip and knee reconstruction/replacement and sports medicine at Touro Infirmary. He is a clinical instructor of anterior approach total hip replacements and patient specific knee replacements, and has taught and demonstrated these techniques in both the U.S. and internationally. His experience and practice includes:
- Stem Cell Injections
- PRP-Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
- Viscosupplementation with Hyaluronic Acids
- Fracture Care
- Direct Anterior Approach Total Hip Replacement
- Robotic Surgery
- State-of-the-Art Computer Navigated Surgery
- Clinical Instructor of the Direct Anterior Hip Approach Surgery
- Patient-specific Knee Replacements with Customized Knee Instrumentation
- Partial Knee Replacements
ACCEPTED INSURANCE PLANS
Orthopaedic Specialists accepts all major insurance plans including Blue Cross, Aetna, Cigna, Humana, Medicare, United Health Care, Peoples Health, Tricare, and Ochsner Plans.
TOURO INFIRMARY, OCHSNER BAPTIST, CRESCENT CITY SURGERY CENTRE, and TOURO AMBULATORY SURGERY CENTER.
In their on words hear from actual patients about their surgical experience and recovery. Call the patient line at (504) 897-7877.
- Phillips Academy Andover
- Johns Hopkins University
- Tulane University School of Medicine
- Tulane University Orthopaedics Surgery Residency
- Fellowship – Hip & Knee Reconstructive Surgery, Tulane University
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine and Hand Surgery, University of Virginia
FIVE STAR REVIEWS
I am 100% better now!
“I had pain in the knee and went to Dr. Meyer for a Knee Replacement. The results were Fantastic. Dr. Meyer and his staff are excellent. I am 100% better now! If you need a knee replacement I recommend you give Dr. Meyer a call.”
IN THE NEWS
As Featured In My New Orleans
“Remaining in the game as we get older is the goal of the baby boomers. How do you go from running, swim-ming, or playing golf and tennis weekly to enjoying the same activities as one nears retirement? Even the idea of walking or simply tying your shoes becomes an obstacle due to normal wear and tear of your joints from arthritis. Pain doesn’t have to be the obstacle it once was.”